International Swimming Federation (FINA) has chosen Mr. Khaleel Ibrahim Al-Jaber , President of Qatar Swimming Association, to be a FINA Bureau Member during 2017-2021.
The FINA Bureau consists of the President, the Honorary Treasurer, five Vice Presidents one from each of the five Continents including the First Vice President and the Second Vice President, and eighteen additional members.
From the 25 voting members of the Bureau, 17 are elected by the General Congress in accordance with the elections of their respective Continental Organisations and the following geographical representation: four from Africa, four from the Americas, four from Asia, four from Europe and one from Oceania. Another eight members are elected from the world at large, not exceeding one from Africa, two from Asia, one from Oceania, two from the Americas and two from Europe. The General Congress elects from among these 17 members the President, the five Vice Presidents (including the First Vice President and the Second Vice President), and the Honorary Treasurer.
The most Important achievements of Mr.Khaleel Al-Jabir
- Hosting FINA World championship, 2023, after fierce competition with China, as Doha’ file has got 15 votes while China’s has got only 8 .
- Hosting Swimming World Cup FINA - Doha 2012 - 2017, during that period Doha has witnessed successive achievements every year, and uniqueness in hosting such a great event.
- For the first time, the Qatar National Swimming Team came the first at the 14th GCC Swimming championship (25 m.) in the age group of 10 years, and general, March 1-4, 2017.
- First place, youth group, in the 26th GCC Swimming Championship, held in Damam, Saudi Arabia, 24 - 27 August, 2016.
- National youth team won the 13th GCC Swimming Championship (25 m.) title, held on 3 - 6 February, 2016.
- First place for youth, 25th GCC Swimming Championship, 1-4 September, 2015.
- Hosting The 12th Swimming World Cup (25 m) (FINA - Doha - Qatar) 3-7 December 2014, in which 23 world records were broken. The event was Internationally extraordinary with participation of 950 famous swimmers from 172 countries. Besides, it was the first championship to feature : The championship, conference, golden course for coaches, youth program.
- Supervising the training courses since the beginning of the Association; coaches and lifeguard courses to prepare a highly-qualified generation, and provide qualified lifeguards.
- Qatar Diving team won 3 medals , gold, silver, bronze, in the 8th Asian Games for age groups, held in Bangkok, Thailand.
- The Qatar Swimming Association was chosen as the ideal one for its great achievements offered on the gulf, Arabian and international levels, as well as hosting International championship. In addition to the great efforts to raise high the Qatar flag, May 2015.
- Founder of Swimming Literacy Project, Qatar, 2000.
- First place in Open Water Championship for youth, Qatar 2005.
- Head of the Open Water Committee in the Asian Federation 2000 – 2005.
- Third place, GCC Swimming Championship, 2004.
- Member of Sports Committee in Olympic Council of Asia.
- Second place, GCC Swimming Championship, 2000, 2001, 2003.
- Member of the organizing committee for school union, Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) 2003 .
- Member of the organizing committee of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) 2002 .
- Head of the swimming technical committee of Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) 2002.
- First place in the 5th Championship for Athletics for Clubs, 1998.
- First place in the 4th Championship for Athletics for Clubs, 1997.
- First place in Qatar Basketball Cup, 1990.
Mr. Kaleel Al Jabir has held the following administrative and technical positions :
- Head of Sports Affairs, Qatar Olympic Committee
- President of Qatar Swimming Association since 2008.
- Vice President of Asian Swimming Federation October, 2016.
- Vice President of West Asia Swimming Federation (2010-2014)
- Member of the “Swimming for all Committee “ at the International Swimming Federation, March, 2014.
- Acting manager of Clubs Department on 2nd June, 2009, as well as the director of administration.
- Head of Minstry of Education Committee for celebrating the 17th Gulf Cup in Doha, 2005.
- Board member of Al Sadd Sports Club 2003-2004.
- Member of the preparation committee for overseas championship, at the Olympic Committee, 2004.
- Member at the committee formed by Ministry of Education to prepare for the Sports Excellence School (Aspire).
- Member of the committee for fitness tests for schools students in cooperation with Qatar Olympic Committee, 2003.
- Member of the committee derived from Olympic Committee for the First and Second Woman Conference in Qatar, 2001 and 2002.
- Board member of Qatar Youth Hostel Association 1995 - 1998.
- Member of Public Relations Committee, Football World Cup for Youth, 1995
- Director of National Swimming Teams.
- Director of Physical Education Department, Ministry of Education, 2002.
- Physical Education supervisor, Ministry of Education, 2001-2002.
- Director of Sports Affairs Department in the organizing committee for Asian Games, Doha, 2006.
- General Secretary for the Qatar Swimming Association, 1994.
Mr. Khaleel Ibrahim Al-Jabir has received many awards during his great sports career and he has been honored, home and abroad, for his effort in the field of sport , especially swimming during his presidency of the Qatar Swimming Federation.